SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services application gives meaning to all data in organization – structured and unstructured. This software is to process data and offers best features for data integration, quality insurance, data cleaning and others. This transforms data into reliable and quality resource for daily tasks.
This software is a SAP component in terms of SAP Information Management that helps retrieve and integrate data for analytical reports and e-business.
One of fundamental Data Services features is to extract, transform and load data (ETL technology) from diverse sources into a target database or data warehouse.
Data Services features
- Immediate tracking with effect analysis and data origination assessment including quality insurance
- Check for data accuracy using dashboards and audit of business processes
- Design of processes with exception processing (Try/Catch) using Recovery functions
- Multiuser support (registration of login/logout) and versioning through central repository
- Administrative tools for functions of scheduling and task monitoring
- Transform management to define best practices to operate
- Universal tools for administration and generation of reports
- Scalable language of scenarios with wide range of built-in features
- Collaboration and flexibility in using applications based on web services
- High effective, parallel transformations and distributed calculations
- Troubleshooting and debugging, built-in profiling and data review
- Extended support of data sources and targets
- applications (e.g., SAP)
- databases with batch download and data extraction with CDC changes
- files: comma-separated, fixed-width, COBOL, XML, Excel
- Detection, cleaning, addition and integration of data – preparation to use in business applications
- Integrity check across all data sources – independently from where they locate
- Maximum data value to make trusted decisions based on reliable data
- Improvement of business processes and involvement of clients
- Extended support of applications and systems.
- Access and integration of data and targets, SAP and non-SAP.
- Processing of built-in textual data
- Extraction of meaningful information from unstructured textual data for business insights.
- Intuitive interface for business users
- Simple standardization, corrections, and data mapping to reduce duplicates or define dependencies.
- Quality information dashboards.
- Data quality influence on downstream applications and systems.
- Transformation for all types of data independent from industries.
- High performance and scalability